Monday, February 15, 2010

Mrs. Coppenbarger!?!?!?!?!

Ok, I know I'm not the most reliable blogger...or any blogger for that matter. But, with the wedding coming closer and my stress beginning to rise, I have decided I need a stress relief. So, what's with the title of this blog you ask? I mean, you already know that MY new last name will be Burt. Well, let me fill you all in...
My best friend in the whole world is getting married on Saturday! THat's right, my MOM is gettin' hitched...FINALLY, she might say. My mom has given her life to me, to help make sure that I was taken care and had all the opportunities in life to succeed. And now, it's her turn. She has met a wonderful man, with a loevely 13 year old son. The ceremony will be taking place in the house that I grew up in, which is such a nice touch. And, I have been asked by my mother to stand at her side as her maid of honor, and what an honor it is! I am so happy for my mom and proud of her too, as she now has her happy ending, as I soon will have mine. I love you mom!

Now, the BIG realization I made this evening as we discussed wedding plans over dinner...As the MOH, do I make a speech, or a toast, or say a few words? AHHH! That's a little more pressure that I originally anticipated. Don't get me wrong, it's not as though I can't think of anything to say, quite the contrary, I'm not I could express my heart felt love and gratitude for everything my mom has done for me. And I probably wouldn't know when to shut-up. Not to mention, my track record for keeping my composure during my last speech, at my graduation party for Nursing School, I started off with "I'm not going to cry," and I'm pretty sure I was crying before I finished THAT sentence. Oh well, my tears will be a sign of happiness and joy not or sorrow or saddness...hey, maybe I just thought of part of my speech.

Alright, on to some wedding updates that are far overdue. So, the wedding date was moved back last summer due to some "financial concerns." So, Sept. 25th, is the date and is fast approaching now. We are having some difficulty confirming colors, I know the..."palate," shall we say, fall colors, rich and vibrant. But as for the dresses and the flowers, that is still a work in progress. We may have to have dresses made for the girls for modesty purposes, I want everyone to feel beautiful AND comfortable. I am on a bit of a time crunch because one of my bridesmaids has joined the Army and will be leaving for training in July and won't be finished with classes until...get this...the week before the wedding! No biggie though, Megan, at least you will be able to be there and share this wonderful time with me and all of our wonderful friends.
Tonight, Dave and I sat down with my mom and Nick and went over the guestlist AGAIN, previously the list was tallied at almost 250 people. Now, before your eyes BUG out of your head, I'll have you know that ALL the books say to expect between 50-75% of the people you invite to actually come. But still, nightmares of everyone we invite RSVPing has gone through my head more than once. The venue will hold 150 people comfortably...and we have paid for 150 people...no more, says ME! We were able to get the list to 180 people at this time. Dave and I are set to meet with his mom in a couple of weeks to discuss any more changes that need to made to get the list finalized. Our goal is to get the Save the Dates out by the beginning of March.

I would like to pose a question to the group...should our Save the Date's be intimate and lavish, or cool and casual? Alright, hopefully I continue to stay on the blogger band wagon, (and yes, I did steal that from you Christina.)

Oh, and one more thing, I started a wedding website. It's still coming together, but you can check it out as it continues to come to life. The web address is" www.davidandamanda.us"

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw an update. Congrats! And is sounds like you are staying quite busy. Good luck with the wedding this weekend. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete